This website ("Website") is operated by Lawstore legal services limited
References to 'we','us' or 'our' are to Lawstore legal services limited.
The LawStore Regent Arcade, The Glades, Bromley
The Solicitor Serviced Document Review Service is currently provided by MTA Solicitors LLP
Bromley 1 Elmfield Park Bromley Kent
MTA Solicitors LLP are a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our SRA number is: 00389719
The standards and requirements that we are expected to achieve and to observe can be found at SRA Handbook.
You are entitled to the protections offered by the SRA Compensation Fund.
By using the Website, you indicate that you accept the Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to the Conditions, please refrain from using the Website.
These Conditions (and all communications) are in English and governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the law of England, and the courts in that jurisdiction shall have jurisdiction in any legal proceedings. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of the Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
USING THE WEBSITE
The Website is for use only in relation to legal issues in the jurisdiction in which we operate.
The content of the Website is provided for information only, and does not constitute either advice or a recommendation to you that the products and services advertised on the Website are suitable for you in your personal circumstances.
Reasonable efforts will be made to keep the Website available for use; however access is not guaranteed to be available all the time. We will not be liable for any periodic unavailability of the Website.
Due to the nature of the internet and the possibility of third party interference, the Website is not guaranteed to be free of all viruses and technical defects of any description. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
If there are links from the Website to other websites operated by third parties, we do not guarantee you will be able to access the other website via any link on the Website. We do not guarantee the content or accuracy of any third party's website, nor do we accept any responsibility for your use of that website.
You may not establish a link to the Website from any other website without our prior written consent.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on the Website without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts, or all, of the Website.
We aim to update the Website regularly and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. You must not use the Website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, or which is in any way unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect. You must not use the Website to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Document Preparation Service
The document preparation service ("the Document Preparation Service") does not provide legal advice nor represent a legal service. It is designed to collect relevant information and data to assist in the preparation of a legal document ("the Document") on your behalf to enable us either to provide the Limited Engagement (if and when offered to you), or (as part of our Extranet service) to enable us to consider your matter and engage with you off-line.
The Document Preparation Service uses a document assembly and drafting system ("the System"). When using the Document Preparation Service you will be asked a series of questions; the answers you give will dictate the content of the Document produced by the System. You alone are responsible for ensuring the answers and any information that you give are correct (this includes information in relation to the identity of any parties or signatories, their age or capacity). We rely on you providing the correct information.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any Document is properly executed, and (if any person or entity who is to sign it is outside the jurisdiction in which we operate) it is your responsibility to ensure that any Document is properly executed in accordance with the requirements of that jurisdiction where those requirements prevail.
Documents are prepared in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction in which we operate. You should not use them in any other jurisdiction, or if the property the Document deals with is outside the jurisdiction in which we operate.
Before you act or rely on any Document, you must take advice from us. We disclaim all liability for actions taken or not taken based on the Document unless the Document is approved by us as part of the provision of a Limited Engagement, or as part of an off-line engagement as the case may be.
Documents completed online will be stored online for a maximum period of 6 years. After this period you may not be able to obtain online access to your Documents, and they may be deleted. We reserve the right to levy a reasonable recovery charge in respect of any documents that are able to be recovered. If you have not logged in to the Website for a period of 12 months or more, then we reserve the right to store your documents offline and levy a reasonable recovery charge for you to access them again.
We will not have any responsibility or liability for:
- Verifying your answers or any information given by you when using the Document Preparation Service;
- Proof reading data you have input for typographical errors;
- Any alterations made by you or on your behalf to a document once it has been returned to you by us unless such alteration has been approved by us;
- Supervising or checking the due and proper execution of any Document;
- Any use of a Document or execution of a Document by a person or entity outside of the jurisdiction in which we operate;
- Any adverse consequences if you use any Document without taking appropriate legal advice as to its suitability for your particular circumstances from us;
- Undertaking any future review of any Document or for providing any ongoing advice, legal or otherwise, as to the continued effectiveness for legal, taxation or any other purpose of any Document.
A document pack consists of access to a range of Documents that may be created using the Document Preparation Service and may also include a Legal Document Review as part of a Limited Engagement. The details of what is included in the pack will be detailed on the Website.
REGISTERING FOR USER SERVICES
In order to have access to the User Services and the client area ("the Client Area") you must register with us to obtain a username and password.
If you are an individual you must be aged 18 years or over to use the User Services.
The User Services accessible from the Client Area are for your personal use only (except in the case of individuals on behalf of a partner, spouse or civil partner in respect of 'paired' or Mutual/Mirror Wills, and in the case of any business services, any authorised person on behalf of the business). You shall not permit any other party to have access to the User Services or Client Area or to use the User Services. If you breach this term we can, without notice, revoke your username and password and refuse access to the Client Area of the Website.
Legal Document Review
Where a Document is offered with the benefit of the Legal Document Review service, you must, once you have drafted it using the Document Preparation Service, send it electronically using the Website for review by us as directed on the Website. We may contact you by telephone or email to clarify your requirements.
When we advise you on the preparation of any Document we will exercise reasonable skill and care in the provision of this service to you in accordance with our engagement letter. We will perform our work as quickly as is reasonably possible, but shall not be liable in respect of any failure to meet any specified deadline or completion date.
The Legal Document Review service (if and when offered to you) is provided only as part of a Limited Engagement. Reference to "Limited Engagement" means the provision by us of legal advice and drafting services in relation to a Document under the terms of an engagement letter supplied separately with respect to that Document.
A Limited Engagement is so-called because there are limitations on the work that we will do, as follows:
What we will do
The scope of our work is:
- To indicate to you whether or not we are satisfied, based on the answers that you gave the System, that the Document is effective, so far as has been disclosed, to meet your requirements and suitable for your circumstances
- If necessary, to amend the Document to ensure that it is suitable for your disclosed requirements and circumstances
To that intent, we shall:
- Review the answers you gave the System
- Review the Document
- Engage in reasonable correspondence and/or communications with you. Subject to our fair usage policy (see below), we will endeavour to respond to your correspondence and communications as fast as we can, but do not guarantee any particular response time, although we do aim to respond within 5 working days
What we will not do
In addition to those matters for which we indicated earlier that we would not have responsibility and for which we excluded liability, the Limited Engagement does not include:
- Undertaking any investigation of your particular circumstances beyond those that you disclosed in the answers that you gave the System
- The provision of legal advice about the suitability of the Document to your particular circumstances save to the extent that they are disclosed by the answers that you gave the System
Fair usage policy
Our aim is to complete the Limited Engagement quickly and efficiently. We expect that in most cases the work that we undertake as part of the Limited Engagement will take no more than 1 hour in total. We reserve the right to manage the Limited Engagement to ensure that, so far as possible, that expectation is fulfilled.
What this means in practice is as follows:
- We will usually expect that correspondence and communications between us will take place by email or by telephone. Face-to-face interviews will not be offered routinely, although, they will, of course, be available where necessary
- We may limit the extent to which we engage in communications with you or to which we respond to correspondence from you if we reasonably consider that to do so would be incompatible with the efficient conduct of the Limited Engagement
- You may provide us with additional information about your requirements and circumstances beyond that revealed by the answers that you gave the System, but we reserve the right to terminate the Limited Engagement at any time if, by reason of the volume and/or complexity of that additional information, we reasonably consider that it is impractical or inappropriate to continue to work on the Document on the basis of the Limited Engagement
- We may decline to deal with, as part of the Limited Engagement, any requests, issues or questions made or raised by you if they are not essential to our work on the Document
Work outside the scope of the Limited Engagement
If we, at any time, consider that it will be impractical or inappropriate to continue our work on the basis of the Limited Engagement, or that any work you want us to do falls outside the scope of the Limited Engagement, we will tell you straightaway and discuss with you your options.
If you wish to instruct us to continue our work otherwise than on the basis of the Limited Engagement, or to undertake additional work that falls outside of the scope of the Limited Engagement we will agree with you the scope and cost of that work, and provide you with another engagement letter.
We will not undertake any work otherwise than on the basis of the Limited Engagement without your express written authority.
Where the Document is a Will or a trust:
Where the Document is a Will or a trust:
- There is no obligation or duty (when provided under a Limited Engagement) to supervise the execution of any Will nor to take responsibility for the Will being correctly executed. You will be provided with instructions on how to sign your Will in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction in which we operate.
- When preparing a Will on your behalf we have no responsibility and will accept no liability for verifying:
- your identity
- you are over 18 years of age
- your testamentary and / or mental capacity
- whether you are or were subject to any undue influence when using the Document Preparation Service
- whether you knew, understood and approved the contents of your Will
- whether there were or might be any actual or potential third party beneficiary(ies) who might have a claim in law against your estate.
- We do not assume any responsibility nor will we accept liability for failing to provide later advice on the terms of any Will or trust prepared using the Document Preparation Service should future taxation changes or any other changes in the law render their terms inappropriate. The responsibility for future reviews of the terms of your Will or trust rests with you.
The Extranet service consists only of free access to the Document Preparation Service. You will not be able to view or access the Document. Before we carry out any work on your behalf we will send you an engagement letter setting out the terms upon which we will act for you and the cost.
Additional optional services
If the Website offers either or both of the options for you to request advice by telephone or by email, we will provide details of the terms applicable to those options, or the relevant one of them, separately.
No solicitor/client relationship is established by use of the Website. Sending or receiving information through the Website does not establish a solicitor/client relationship. We will establish a solicitor/client relationship with you only by your acceptance of our engagement letter and subsequent confirmation of our agreement to act for you after conflict checking and other verification processes have been completed.
Payment for User Services
The User Services are provided to you by us. However, payments made by you online for User Services or other services provided to you by us are made to the merchant of record, Epoq Legal Ltd (Company number 03707955), whose registered office is at Middlesex House, 29-45 High Street, Edgware Middlesex HA8 7UU ("ELL").
We have not met with you so the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply to the Legal Document Review service. This means you have the right to cancel your instructions to us within 7 working days of our acceptance of those instructions. The right can be lost if we begin work with your agreement before this period has run out.
However, we have a 'no quibble' policy. If you are not happy with any Document you have purchased, or the Legal Document Review service offered with it, you may contact us for a refund within the later of 14 days after the date you purchased the Document or 7 working days after we accept your instructions, provided that the Limited Engagement has not already been completed before you request a refund.
If we are held liable for any loss or damage to you for the provision of or failure to provide a User Service, such liability shall in all cases be limited to an amount not exceeding the maximum sum of our professional indemnity insurance in respect of any one claim or series of connected claims.
You acknowledge that the exclusions and/or limitations in these Conditions are reasonable having regard to the fact that the Website, Law Guide (if and when available) and the Document Preparation Service are freely accessible and available at no cost.
Use of the Website and the User Services is subject to the notices of ownership of intellectual property rights detailed from time to time on the Website.
All rights in the design, text, graphics and other content and materials on the Website are the copyright of Epoq Group Ltd ("EGL") (Company number 04265146), whose registered office is at Middlesex House, 29-45 High Street, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 7UU, ELL. Reproduction of part or all of the content of the Website in any form is prohibited.
Parts of the content of some of the Documents are reproduced under a Public Sector Information (PSI) licence (c2006009897) from the Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI). Subject to that, copyright in the content of the Documents belongs to ELL.
"RAPIDOCS", "DIRECTLAW" and their respective logos are either UK registered trademarks or other trademarks of EGL).
The copyright in the Rapidocs software featured on the Website and other software reproduced in and on the Website belongs to EGL. You may not use (other than as is expressly or impliedly licensed) resell, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise modify such software.
We shall not be liable for any failure to provide or delay in providing any service resulting from circumstances or events outside of our control, for example due to strikes and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, fire, explosions, or power failure.
If any part of these Conditions (and/or notices on the Website) are found to be invalid or unenforceable, then such part will be deemed replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent or the original part, and the remainder of the provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
If you do not use the Legal Document Review service within 12 months of purchase you will not be able to obtain access to it thereafter. In such circumstances we shall not have any obligation to rebate you any part of the sum you have paid us.
We reserve the right to change the Conditions under which the Website or any User Service is offered. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
Should you have reason to complain, you may do so by telephone, or in writing by email or post. If you have a complaint, please contact us directly and your complaint will be investigated fully by our customer relations team and you will receive a prompt reply.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled you may escalate the complaint in accordance with our complaints procedure.
No forbearance or delay by us in enforcing any of the Conditions will prejudice the rights, powers or remedies available to us and such rights, powers or remedies will be cumulative.
We shall be able to assign the benefit of all or part of the Conditions.
Headings in the Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.